Sunday, November 17, 2013

Yet another lovely Sunday

An early start today - 0630 with with the kidlets for breakfast.

STILL on tenterhooks awaiting the man of the moment, well small man of the moment - baby Jude. Yep he is hanging on in there, the little bugger.
Someday soon matey - please!!!

So being slightly land-locked we decided to do some local things ahead of Miss Mary coming for Ollie's math lessons today.

So - here we go...

A wee walk along the river to get Mary's legs working, and maybe to help Jude out. Dragon Boat racing zips past us as we walk. Very peaceful apart from the occasional splash of the oars or shouts of the cox - or whatever name they have in Asia.


Trying out my manual focus function on my camera for still life.
I think these flowers all came out pretty damn good, don't you???


The gang managed to sneak ahead just a little bit as I was taking photos.
Count them, 1, 2, 3...

NO LAH - there is 4 - check out Jude Bump he he!!!


More just stunning flowers - almost in our back garden as it were.




Check this pink one out - beautiful.
Now according to Amy she wants her hair like this - hmmmmm!!!


Next is Jude's first prawn fishing.
We did well today catching 10 in total - that's tea sorted then!!!


The kids went to do Longkang - remember the tropical fish catching?
How sad is this - this is Ollie's last go as no one above 12 is allowed to do it.
It's official his kid life is OVER - he is nearly a 'teen' - OMG.

Few more years left for Amy though - or is there Ms Bossy Boots...


Shame as well as they both still have great fun doing this, in fact to be honest so do I when I asked to help catch something. Really si good fun. Reminds me of days back in Margate as a young lad with my Grandad Joe - pungering for crabs, prawning etc.


Although I struck 1st blood in the prawn fish stakes - in fact 2nd blood too, Mary did hold her own.

And I mean that literally as all she would do is hold it - yours truly then had to pull the pincers off, take the hook out and load em in the pot.

We caught a massive 10 today (between us) - which is not too bad as they are allusive little buggers. We have now though found a secret ingredient, and I even got called a pro today by the owners when I asked for it ha ha, prawn powder. Yep - secret secret - basically smells like Ollie's trainers, but it certainly does seem to attract the prawns big time.


This one below is a monster - doesn't look like much in the photo, but believe me this is a biggie.
What was that line from Jaws; "I think we're gonna need a bigger boat..."


The keeping the fish theme, off we go to Sushi Tei for a late lunch.

I think the kids are happy with that decision - clearly Amy is, and Ollie is so happy he won't even lift his head up from his food. Get in there. They really like it here.


I really like it here.


You can even buy 180ml of your in-laws for $14.80 - how good is that.

"I'll have one Mizuyo, one Yuko and one Haruko please." "Yes 180ml of each please."


And final snap for today is taken courtesy of Amy.
Thanks babe - love it, great photo.
What a lovely day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment