Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Saturday - our 2nd day of building for Tabitha 2013

OK wow it's Saturday - some gaps due to no camera of course, sure someone else will fill those in. May also help me remember what the hell happened ha ha - joking!

So on purpose colour and black & white in here - no not sad and maudlin this time, I just love the kids taken in black & white. I think they look amazing. So bear with me.

Also I have kept handover shots to just Team Kennett for this blog (well + Tezla/Ronan/Chris), otherwise it would run to many many photos - although I do have some belters of others in the group.

So after two hours thirty of driving in a straight line we finally arrive on Day No.2 at the right turn to the village. Thank goodness for that. Quick break to stretch legs, have a ciggie and await the final stragglers so we enter the site again in unison.


Sorry when I said we'd been on a straight road for 2.5 hours and finally we get to turn right to go to the village. This is the right turn. Yep another decking long straight road, all the way to the cows - remember the photos of day 1. 

Not a roundabout in site - this is certainly NOT Milton Keynes, even despite the cows!!!


I love this shot - for the first I can remember for an age everyone is in a group and looking down. But for a first time they are not looking down at tricking iPhones, Blackberries - NO - in unison they are applying sun cream, mosquito sprays etc. like the try pros they are. 


Dougy and Mario in front of house No.1 completed by us on Day No.2. Today was sweltering hot, believe me. So hot my elbows were sweating and I didn't even know they could.

Clearly Dougy and Mario have put a little too much lip balm on because actually underneath all that they are smiling.


You will notice my Bohol, Philippines shirt I am wearing. A little out of place for this but let's spare a minute too for the poor poor people of Philippines that are really getting hammered by Mother Nature at the moment. Such a sad thing to see again in such a beautiful country. I feel for you Philippines and for all the families that are there of my friends here. Wishing them to be safe. Thoughts are with you all.

Back to Cambodia.

These are also a great shot of the wells that we provide in to the villages as part of the Tabitha programme. 

So we build houses as you can see in the photo behind Mario and I,
We build them fresh water wells as you can see in front of Mario and I,
We provide them pigs ... er ... OK then as you can see from Mario and I.


Here we go - a few sneaky children pics.
They have nothing - truly - but their families.
They are like glue to each other - something we should all learn from.


MC Howard kicks off the blanket handovers - the final part of the building experience.
This means officially that the families can now indeed move in to their house.
Here is the BT contingent - minus yours truly of course.


Here is the village contingent - loads more that you cannot see though. 
Notice we get to stand in the shade of the tree.


Back to family.
Whilst the presentations were happening I heard a baby screaming from the schoolhouse.
I went a running and then this little chap, must be no more than 5, grabbed is I assume brother and hey presto baby cried no more.
Look at these two!!!
I'll be back 5000% next year and again and again!!!


Presentation by Team Kennett No1


Guest Presentation by Ronan Keaton - BT's new CSR Champion.


Presentation by Team Kennett No.2 (hey that's me!!!)


Presentation by Team Kennett No.3 (look at me Mr Morecambe)


Presentation by Team Kennett No.4 (hold on a minute it's Mario again!!!)


Mwahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!


All the kids to the front please and say BT Corporate Sustainability Tabitha Tupperware Tour 2013.

OK - just say Cheese!


BT's Tabitha Team 2013 - bless you all, you should all be SO proud!!!


+ Moi


A few more of the kids we helped.



Some BIG kid at the end there that has snuck in to my photo.


Just adorable - thought bubble;

"Mum, can we move in to our new house now???"


Final one from my camera for this day - the lovely Tabitha ladies assigned to support us all this trip.
Thank you so much - truly an honour yet again!




No comments:

Post a Comment