Sunday, March 23, 2014

Just like Storage Wars...???

Have you ever seen that show?
I am hooked.
Barry Weiss is my favourite character.

It's kind of one of those American 'TV reality shows", following a load of guys travelling across the US buying up abandoned storage lockers. They have to bid against each other, and then the exciting bit is opening the locker and rummaging through the boxes and things to hopefully fine treasure valued beyond they paid.

OK this is not exactly the same - but my first time to an auction at my mate's place - EXPAT Auctions. You should really go if you need any furniture here in Singapore. Here is my mate Rob Pendergrast at the helm as it were, owner and auctioneer.



1/4 to 1/3 of the price of what you would normally pay. It is actually great fun. Shame on this trip though I missed out and we had to dash to meet some other friends back on East Coast - I will be back there next weekend though. How to get there Level 1, Unit 1, CitiLink Warehouse Complex, 102F Pasir Pajang Road. Bring your cards and cash, and check out previews of what is on offer at www.expatauctions.com.sg

So the extended point of this blog.

For me today, I really felt like my favourite guy from Storage Wars, Barry. If only there was the others there to contend with - man that would be fun. I think I held my cool - "wait for it, wait for it, look at the other bidders, check the faces, wait for it..."


Then STRIKE like a cobra from some hidden undergrowth!!!

"HERE!!!"

Just like my mate Barry Weiss would do!!!
My Hero in the auction world - ha ha!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment