Thursday, July 18, 2013

Harrods - oh yes, doing things of a food nature in style!!!

Our 1st full day in London - hmmm what to do what to do???

I had a food idea in my head that I feel really needed executing whilst we were here.

Yes let's explore the foodcourt in Harrods - woo hoo!

A beautifully sunny day, No.14 bus and off we all went - arriving outside the iconic building that is...


I think we literally walked through one area of handbags and then had this wonderful sight in front of us. OMG look at this place, like Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory - but not with sweets.

Heaven, I'm in heaven...


Can you guess what it dish No.1 from the girls faces?
They look eager to eat don't they.
Seriously no clues here in the photo at all.


Yes oysters - delicious delicious oysters!
In London it has to be Harrods and the oyster bar.
Luckily we arrived and got seats straight away - very lucky in fact as it was packed!


And we had a bottle of champagne - come on does it get any better.
I love this place.
Cheers!



Happy faces, happy faces!
Don't worry Ollie coming up soon - he was taking the pictures.


In fact here he is with his Ribena.
Hold on a minute that's not Ribena, that's Champagne - Oliver!!!


And here's why we were there.
Oysters.

Ollie giving a great demonstration of how to do it.
We simply had squeeze lemon, salt and cracked black pepper.
Boom - have it!


Yours truly and No.1 son soaking it up.
Loving every minute of this.


And turn around and face the other way!


Me and our guy.
Another podia - but I shall call him PolishPedia.
He knew everything to do with oysters, smoked salmon, and caviar.
Smoked salmon from Norway (I think) that is then smoked in Switzerland.
Very interesting chap, and a great bloke too even giving us taster samples of salmon - good man!


Another little wander once we had polished off the oysters and champers.

Hold on a minute, do I spot a little black hoof on the end of a leg of cured ham?
Yes I do.
Yes I do.
Ollie quick come to Dad.

It was Iberico cured ham on the leg. OMG.
Look at this - how beautiful is that.
One thing that Spaniards do very well, but did not of course not interrupting a game of bowls once.


Yes please my good man and purveyor of fine meats, my son and I would like to have meat.
He then took to slicing the thinnest slivers of this amazing meat.
Literally this lasted about 2 minutes of slicing, to paying, to opening - to wolfing.
We family of 5 devoured this in a blur.
BEST ever that I have had - oh my!


The we went past fromage.
You got to be kidding me, stop it I can't handle it.
Again this cheese counter was like somewhere in the sky in little fluffy clouds.
Plus they let you taste test first before buying.

OK I'll try a piece of ALL of them please - ha ha!

We had a few tasters and then bought about 3 bits for later on. This was just the best!


What a wonderful start to the day.
Harrods you are my Willy Wonka.
I now love Willy Wonka.

mmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Goodbye.


No comments:

Post a Comment