Monday, July 22, 2013

Beautiful beautiful Manorfields

I tell you what, when the sun is out in UK it makes such a difference.

I took Mary and Ollie for a walk through Manorfields where the flat is in Putney. Literally it is a load of flats in these blocks on this private piece of walled off land - very beautiful, almost like a national park inside. Back to the 'when the sun is out' - it looks amazing doesn't it. We're off to get Sunday brekkie from the van at the bus depot - egg and bacon sarnies and a mug of tea - oh yes!

But I have also been here mid UK winter when it is grey, cold, sleeting, no leaves, bleak etc. But hey let's just enjoy this whilst we have it.

Look in the middle beneath the tree.
Can you see it?
Yep squirrel.
There were LOADS out this morning!

All I could think of when I saw these scampering across the grass was the music from 'Rhubarb & Custard' - remember them and that song as they scampered across the field.


So when I see squirrel all I can think of is them!

That and Anthony Bourdain actually. When he went to (I think) Northern borders of Vietnam and went to the mountains. He popped in to this street side cafe and was served up what was called 'squeezel". In his amiable style Mr Boardain said; "What the f*cks a squeezel?" Ollie and I laughed so much at this episode it was a beauty. Squeezel-Squirrel - see where I am coming from...


Look at this, isn't it just gorgeous. When we lived in Putney this was literally my back garden. Loads memories of me Ni and Ollie playing here come rain or shine or snow.


"Er hello" says I,
"Are you a squirrel or a squeezel?" says I.


"What the f*ck you looking at fatty!" says the squeezel!


Very cute though aren't they.
There were loads out at 8am this Sunday morning.
This one was just about to go to the boot of his car and get his rod and tackle out and wet a line.


Dynamo Squeezel - the amazing street magician squirrel.

"OK so I now close the box."
"See nothing up my fur."
"And hey presto your nuts have disappeared."
Munch, munch, munch.



OK OK - no more botanical stuff - just a quick two snaps of some lovely lilies and thistles in the sunny garden. Just loving the colours on these.


Finally Oliver or should that actually be Gulliver.
Man oh man my son is getting bigger every day!!!


Love you Manorfields!

No comments:

Post a Comment