Sunday, January 26, 2014

So my Sis sends me this...

Haruko, I hope you don't mind me sharing this...

My darling sister in NYC sent me this email recently. Stark reminder. We know it is coming. We have chatted together as a family. We get what she is saying. We agree with what she is saying. We are planning a family dinner only this year, not a party as usual. Does it mean we don't miss her, does it mean it is all over and in the past for us - hell no - we miss the lady massively. But we have moved forwards. Jude joins us. We are a family again. We are strong again. 

But we still miss you like crazy - our Naoko Oyama.


"As it is obviously on both our minds, the anniversary is yet to approach us again. I'm not sure how you're feeling but this time around, for the first time I feel a bit different. There is just a tiny sliver more of acceptance and peace in me... just a sliver. I definitely feel an increase in my sister's presence somewhere near me. I used to be a lot more doubtful, and in denial, but this year there is more hope of believing in her soul. I notice Ollie smiling more in his pictures, I see more joy in all you guy's pictures, perhaps the birth of Jude opened up a new chapter for you, Mary and the kids. And I feel as if my sister is OK and happy with that."

Love Haruchan...

Love you Sis - thank you so so so much.

All our love Bri, Ollie, Amy, Mary and of course now baby Jude xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment