Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ollie turns 11 in Cambodia

Oh my goodness, lucky boy - no presents to open - BUT - he's in Cambodia with his school mates playing football (see previous), but here is the actual meal on Saturday. Balloons and cake were in tow. Ollie hoped you enjoyed with your buddies!?!?!?!?!?


So parent in charge of three. Here we go. Tuk Tuk to Central Market. Oliver and Alecks, clearly Alecks saw something Ollie did not on the way, or was sitting on a very painful nail on the seat?? Who knows - "answers on a postcard" please.


Whereas Nina and I are so aligned with "V's". Or are they "V's"? Suppose they could be "L's" or even "C's". Who knows, at 44 I though I was in the zone there for a second!


To the market. I promised Ollie on this trip he would indeed eat some bugs. So a leader position was given to yours truly to walk through the market and experience certain things.

Fun whilst it lasted but then the electrical area closed and the kids hated the leader. Everyone else went to buy glasses, games, DVDs, watches etc and I got the kids eating crickets and cockroaches - oh dear - sorry kids.

But Olive above gives it a good go, new experiences and all. I love the lady behind - speech bubble "are you sure??????"

Even Issey has a go - I love this. We had real fun here, but boy did the kids go for it when they found out the central bit of central was closed. SORRY!


For Ollie special day we had crickets and cockroach. Not sure if I remember if this is before or after. But still the important thing is that he DID. Go for it Ollie. I know you didn't want to do cockroach. But you did, so did Daddy for a first. And hey, not too bad right.

You just ate the cousin of that horrible one that ran across the floor in the condo a week ago. They deserve it mate.


And then to more sensible meal climbs. A lovely meal at Titanic on the Meekong. All the gang from the last two days. Ollie is birthday boy. I managed to get some balloons and a cake, and that was a struggle believe me in Phnom Penh. Teachers were marvellous for making it happen - thanks Mrs Beck, Mr Josh and Mr Mark. I think this one could be quite memorable for him!


OK then it  goes crazy and the kids start doing Gangnam stylee Cambodia for an Ollie photo. Picture not really showing the movement here (although slightly blurred) but look at the guys. Brilliant shot of them all!


Final one for the birthday.

Cake time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLLIE. You are 11 now, my goodness matey!

Love you!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Super Proud teacher and super proud friend Brian. You have been an amazing support as have the other parents. Proud of the teacher, children and our kids. We are doing something very right here.
    Atima

    ReplyDelete