Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ear today gone tomorrow...

Oh my.

My baby girl is clearly no more. She applies her own make up, she's got a boyfriend and now this...

Today she had her ears pierced.

She has been asking and asking and asking.

We all thought yeah yeah, we'll find a jewellers and her little lip would quiver and she'd back down.

Nope not this girl - she wanted ears pierced and bugger how much it hurt, she's gonna get em!!!

But please Amy - don't go too far or else you could lose being a thing of beauty and end up like this. Never ever again could you fly with me as to remove all these so you can go through the metal detector would take for ever hun! 

Stay with what you had done today babe.


But first a couple of other snaps from before "Operation Earhole".

Swimming lesson time again (sorry JT & Lizzy & Julian, but her lesson got moved and we couldn't come for brekkie in the end - Happy Birthday little man!)

Not sure what this has to do with swimming but it looks fun. 
Go Amy - BOING!!!


Then on the way to the shopping centre to find a jeweller I noticed this in the taxi.
Now is it just me or is this one of those WTF moments.
He literally has a sign on the car seat written in English and Chinese telling you that this is "right".
Can you believe it. 
But it gets even funnier - guess what's on the other seat...?


Yep - "left".
WTF again - double whammy.
This guy is nuts.

Do you think it's for when he asks a passenger when approaching a junction, if it's left or right. That the passenger can then consult his idiot proof guidance system. 

"Er left please" - "or was it right?"

Man that is a life saver isn't it. 

F*ck me without this system we never would have made it home.

Or did we have a load of voters that he was dropping off at polling day. 
Get it, left or right. 
Nice!!!


Anyways enough of that. Here comes the big moment.
Look at this - seriously not any worry or concern at all on the face. Check her out.


A little pen action to position where the holes will be.

She chose her studs already - yeap pink diamante (no surprises there).


What do we think - about there OK.
Yes please says Amy.


Is there any hint in this face of I might say no at the last minute when I see the 'gun'.
I don't think so.

I even asked the guys if she could have both ears done at once, in case she had one done and then backed down for the second. Sorry Sir we only have one gun.

You OK with that Amy? Yeap fine Dad.


BOOM!!!

Off goes the gun and No.1 is in - how did she react, my heart was racing, my poor little baby...


Shouldn't have worried really.
Check this out.
Cool as a cucumber that has been chilled and placed on ice - way to go AmyBoo.


BOOM!!!
In goes No.2
As I said - "ear today, gone tomorrow".

What a brave little thing.


Even then posing for photos.
But we did have a little grizzle as I think the second one did hurt her actually.
But Daddy cuddles and promise of lunch at Taipei Restaurant were job done on that front.

Babe you really amazed me today - so so brave.
You look just beautiful!!!


And just for fun whilst talking all about ears - I thought I would finish with a little cartoon that really made me laugh recently. 

It's Dumbo, so big ears - maybe a tenuous link but I am OK with it...
Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment