Monday, February 4, 2013

And my final one today - Happy Birthday Ni

Yes it's the 4th of February yet again.

4 years on.

What to do on such a day, such an evening - well of course you spend it with very good friends and family. 

Luckily we had all of the above with us.

It's weird, you don't forget - but you don't celebrate the day any more. We get hit quite a bit this month with similar occasions - Ni's birthday, the actually nasty day of tomorrow, my grandfather's wedding anniversary with my wonderful Nan - all in one short space of time.

But look at the kids. They are amazing.

I thank all my friends, my family all over the world and my Mary. 

First thing to do though is chase those demons from the condo - a Japanese custom of walking the house and having Amy and Ollie shout wearing masks and sprinkling some special foods in to each room. Thanks for bring that over Miz (by the way is not wearing her mask in the photo - cough cough).

Good work kids, I feel better all ready thanks!


Off to China Town.

Year of the snake - holy cow what's that thing coming out from the side street.

We were all very surprised Amy did not shout "Bumblebee, Bumblebee!" 

(private joke sorry that us here will get - apologies!)



Amy takes the camera from Ollie now.

Oh dear me!

Yes Amy you are indeed VERY beautiful. 

Just in this picture you are someone with a MASSIVE head that is very beautiful - ha ha!


Is it just me on is Manchester United or Liverpool playing football tonight.

Red everywhere.

Of course it's CNY, or Chinese New Year - red is lucky - bring it on. I wear red, eat red meat, drink red wine - bring on the luck please - ANYTHING!



I just love the hustle and bustle.

But everything seems to have a purpose.

Everyone has a role.

Including the big guy in the red and black t-shirt, with the black back-pack that seems to want to get in all my photos.



We chose Da Dong's Fatty Weng on Smith Street (love that already).

Nice place we have been to before, and been with Ni of course. A really nice, local, and very family place, with just amazing food.


See what I mean.

Friends and family.

Some old.

Some new.

But family, and what a lovely dinner we had. Thank you!



Then out in to the night market for the weird and the wonderful sites.

Amazing smells wafting over you.

Must get those kids home, time for bed.

Tired from the food.


It's all red.

It's time for bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment