Saturday, December 29, 2012

A walk in our "back garden" after the rain!

Yet again another rainy Saturday afternoon - bugger!

We'd stayed in in the morning as I needed to "create" another meal for the new cook book (coming on well by the way - and it looks like two recipes will be going in a local magazine with yours truly in Feb'13). I cooked a Japanese Beef Casserole, was pretty damn good I have to say.

So we thought, let's go for a walk after Amy's nap and the heavens then decided to open on us.

We waited, we waited, we waited and in the end it paid off - we went for our walk. Well Mary and I walked, the kids went on scooters.

I think the rain freshened up the flowers.

So feminine head on, here we go some nice little snaps of the walk. Sorry can't tell you what the flowers are, but very very nice huh! Read on though if you don't like flowers, there's other stuff in here as well - come on, come on!


Lilies in the ponds, where today we saw loads of turtles and even Ollie spotted a baby monitor lizard. Good news that the place is thriving. It's very beautiful.


This is a great shot, speed freaks on the racing circuit. Amy coming in a close second at the moment.


This plant amazed me. Look at the zig zagging stem. Have you ever seen anything like that?? Oops feminine side coming through strong. Have an urge to talk about shoes and accessories, must fight the urge. Think football, think football.


It's hard to fight the urge, the flowers are just so beautiful. Must fight, must fight!




It's OK, I'm back - phew!
Now we're talking.
Wey Hey Mary find her favourite plant in the gardens. Can't think why though.
Face says it all!
Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!


Let's now have some photos of some birds!!!!
Way too many flowers!

OK lads here is a beautiful parakeet that was stalking us. I could have got much closer but with a continually shouting 4 and 11 year old do you think anything stayed around long enough for us to have a good look, not a chance.


Yes boys more birds, now in abundance.
We think this one a mocking jay.
Beautiful breast!


Whoops slight slip up again.
Some arty photo stuff.
I call this one "caterpillar eaten leaves against the evening sky, sort of arty-like."
I like it!



Here come the speed freaks again - this time negotiating the very dangerous water jump on the race course.

Kids I said jump,

Jump,

JUMP ........

OK just go straight through it then!





Recognise this?

For those that have seen Ollie's film trailer "A Gran Plan" - remember the line:

"You don't laugh from here. You laugh from here."

Yep this is THE very bench from that scene.


DON'T SIT ON THE BENCH.

Yep this little caterpillar is a poisonous little bugger.

Will make your skin itchy and it will swell it up - maybe good if it got it in your pants, but not good on an arm or hand or leg!


Final one of the day.

Having watched the new Spiderman movie last night on the box with Mary, Ollie and Amy - I have to admit I did get a little star-struck when I saw his co-star in the gardens. I do apologise not my usual thing, but you were so good in the film mate, I hear you did all your own stunts???




No comments:

Post a Comment