Sunday, December 16, 2012

A day at the races

What a Sunday.

Arranged with Adeline to swap Saturday and Sunday, yes Mary and I had an invitation for some "adult time". What a fantastic time it was.

Our friend who we met through Dave and Jacqui had invited us to Singapore Turf Club for Sunday racing. Oh yes indeed! He even gave us this delightful days experience free gratis as his cousin is one of the Head Stewards there.

Adrian and Michael if you ever read this - so many thanks from Mary and I for a truly wonderful day. Great fun, great food and drinks and an opportunity to meet some really lovely new friends. Thank you.


Me, Dave and one of the new found friends - Jord. I say chaps we've scrubbed up to look rather dashing do we not. Quite early in the preceding this one if I remember, notice no beers in hand. Where we're standing is the viewing window to the track.

So if span round 180 degrees, you get to see this view as below. See the horses on the track (the brown one). Yes it was ran today on the artificial track to rest the grass.


I took it on myself to create a betting system, rather than betting solely on the one I thought I could win. So I was betting on the trio, basically guessing the top three finishers in any order. That was more exciting for me, and on the 2nd race won 80 bucks. Hey not a bad start. I think I'll stick to the system.

Read on, it gets better ...........


Business attire for the gents and cocktail dresses for the ladies. I think we look fantastic don't you? Mary in her new dress and shoes (although you can't see the shoes) - looking beautiful Mary.


Here we are  now with the main man Adrian, he is a TOP bloke he really is!

Also now with Jord's wife/partner Radha. We had lots of chats throughout the day, and may have some very interesting things to jointly engage on. More to come on that as it unfolds. But let me just say Radha is a freelance producer and Jord is a Director of a food & beverage concept & development company - how amazing is that!


I can hear it now. FaceBook, FaceBook. A lovely one of Mary, Jacqui & Karen - just beautiful ladies. You stole the show.


A quick spin round for another absolute cracker of Mary and Radha. Gorgeous!!!



 Now it's ALL about me though. He He. And why not hey.

My system worked people. It truly worked.

The evidence in race 11 of 12 is there in my hot sticky little hands, and evidenced by my winning ticket below. Oh yeah the winning ticket in my right hand above, see me pointing at it.

Yes all, I put a 10 dollar bet on a Treo and won, and won big. A Princely sum of 380 dollars came back to me for this race. GO GO GO Number 1,7 and 10 - I LOVE you horses! Woo Hoo.


I even won on the last race getting the actual winner. Overall I reckon I won about 500 dollars, but came home with 380 in my sky rocket net, as had bet on the other races of course. What a fantastic end to just a great day.

Thanks again to all for making it great fun - and thanks again to Adrian and Michael for making it happen in the first place. Wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment