Sunday, July 1, 2012

Birthday Bingo - "all the 4's ................"

Yes it's that time of year again, and birthday time beckoned and passed us by.

This year is a Bingo call, yep "All the 4's, forty-four".

Jeeze where did that go, absolutely flew past, and making the ever coming 50 come closer and closer.

Hey Ho - still had a spanking time. I was actually in Hong Kong on the day, as had been there for work. Landed about 6pm and BOOM, Mary and the kids had put on a little surprise for me, bless them. Cake, balloons, cards, presents the lot. Including my favorite, of a "fake" picture of me with my hero Anthony Bourdain on a t-shirt - it's a classic.

So, SO many thanks to Mary and the Kids for making my 44th very special and very memorable. Love you guys.


A delicious cake, but spot the spellcheck of one family member. I seem to have ended up with three girls in the family now. Ha Ha.

This is me literally walking in he door from the airport. See the bags behind me. Every one was sort of hidden out of sight. Big surprise bless them. Even Thes and Gordon were there in fine voice.


Hugs and Kisses from the kids, beautiful.


A few family shots with all my presses and cards, and we're off to one of my favorite Italian restaurants in Singapore - Al Forno, for a wonderful family meal, Italian style.



What a lovely family group shot in the restaurant. Happy Happy, and with delicious food and wine.


The we walk out to get a taxi and bum in to Kev and Joan. So over the road to have a couple more beers with them before needing to dash back and get the kids to sleep. School day tomorrow for Amy.




Then on Saturday a big surprise party from Mary. We ended up with about 50 people coming over. Loads kids in and out the pool. Great fun. Wonderful presents thank SO SO much to you all for those. Truly wonderful.

And ALL the food was cooked by Mary, literally ALL of it and there was a tonne of it. And ALL of it was absolutely delicious and prepped from scratch. Amazing. Below is a VERY small sampling of the dishes, there were loads more from satay, seafood skewers, vegetable skewers etc etc

This is an avocado salad, with olives and mini mozzarella balls. Looks really good doesn't it.


Oh my goodness these were ace. Deep fried spring rolls, filled with pork & prawn mince. I had about 8 of these bad boys before any guests had turned up.


Some delicious roasted potatoes in rosemary, yummy yummy.


This was amazing. I need to ask Mary what this is called, as it is a Filipino dish. It's sort of a steamed sausage full of different bits and pieces. Really really good this one, as in REALLY good.


My favorite salad of all time. You'll have to read my food blog of our trip to Bohol for fiesta to learn where I had this first. Mary now tries to make it for me as often as she can. Basically quite simple. Cucumber, shallots, tomatoes, white wine vinegar and ginger. Yep ginger. Man this is a top salad!!!

 
A few shots of me now blowing our candles and having Happy Birthday sung to me by the kids. Bless you and thanks so so much, it was a lovely lovely song you sang for me.




And a few of some of our mates, the guests. Again thank you all very much for coming to celebrate with me. You made it a very special occasion for me.

And of course again to Mary, thanks sweetheart, what a TOP birthday party. Loved every minute thanks so very much.




No comments:

Post a Comment