Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A lovely Sunday out at the beach

A lovely Sunday out at the beach

Off trots family Kennett, minus Ollie who had other things to do, to the beach. 

We'd just been to a beach bar/restaurant - more of that on Islifearecipe of course, but here is the family fun. 

Mary, Amy, Jude and I building castles on the beach, at East Coast Park Service Road - a little further down than normal, but well worth a venture. We took a bag with beach mats, balls, buckets and spades, and sat close enough to the restaurant that we could keep dipping back to get drinks and use the loos - a perfect location.

Here we go with some pictorial fun of the afternoon.

My beautiful girl kicks it off with some sand-writing, although as soon as she started asking me how to spell stuff I stopped taking photos, ha ha. 
I have to admit this is certainly not Boracay. I wouldn't want to be getting in the sea for too long, if at all. The view is a little hazy today (thanks Indonesia), the multitude of ships is an eyesore of course and the weather not that brilliant. BUT, we're still outdoors and doing stuff together and we had fun. 

In comes the Master Builder now. OK kids I am the Program Director, and I will now start allocating roles. Jude sit there and look cute, Amy start digging. Program Director is just going to have a quick sip of beer - back in a minute. Ha Ha. Joking.

We decided on building a sand castle in a moat with a bridge and then filling the moat with water, and maybe some decorations. That's a damn fine idea. We started the construction project in earnest. All hands to the spades and buckets.

Put some back in to it son! He actually did a really great job. Well done Jude Jude.

"Dad I need a break. I'm tired. I think you are working me too hard," said Jude.
"Get back to work!" said I.

We've finished. The castle is done. The moat is done. We've decorated it with seaweeds. We even made some flags with seaweed. I think it looks absolutely great - good work kids. What a team.

The I looked at it again...
Whoops.
Maybe remove the drawer-bridge?
(Still bloody good though!)

I think baby Jude realised too.
"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, DAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment