Sunday, February 13, 2011

My final one for today.

So as mentioned before away I went on the business trip, and whilst away Mizuyo came to help Mary with the kids. Whilst here she had a Naochan celebration too for the girls over lunch on Sunday 6th. I prepared a card for that event for the girls to keep and did some shopping, nd Miz wrote a lovely card and gave me a beautiful book to say thank you.

Now Miz did you realize this is a sonnet written by relatives of Craig and Dani Rossetti? Yes Dante Gabriel Rossetti (buried in Birchington, Kent - where my brother Darren lives now), is a long distant relative, and so therefore is the sonnet writer Christina Rossetti.

Quite amazing how again this world becomes just SO small.

Craig/Dani/Katherine this one for you too, and this needs typing and airing here as it is so so beautiful it really is! Thanks to your blood line, and thanks so much Miz too, here for all to see.

The moving sonnet written by one of the nineteenth-century Pre-Raphaelite movement, has bought comfort in bereavement to millions. It is a simple message of remembrance with no regrets, and the re-assuring message of it is better to "forget and smile" than to "remember and be sad".

Although I don't think we'll ever forget, but hope one day not to be sad!

It may help when guilt or even bitterness could cloud the thoughts of who we have lost. I hope you love it too.

Remember Me When I am Gone Away
Christina Rossetti

Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land.

When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.

Remember me when no more day by day you tell me of our future you planned.
Only remember me.
You understand it will be late to counsel then or pray.

Yet if you should forget me for a while,
And afterwards remember do not grieve.
For the darkness and corruption leave a vestige of the thoughts that I once had.

Better by far you should forget and smile,
Than you should remember and be sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment