Friday, February 12, 2010

Oh Headstones

Sorry before the pictures I did forget to include this.

For the past few weeks I have been having to organise burials and headstones, and this I have to share. I cannot believe I am doing this for my 35 year old wife, it is a shocking thing to have to be doing. I just can't grasp what I am having to do.

I have to have her transferred from her marble urn to something bio-degradable, then organise the shipping because she is an "export", then organise a burial, then organise a head stone - can you believe it. For someone so young and full of life and loved by all only 12 months ago!

One of the things I am also doing is choosing some text to either speak or have on the headstone and I wanted to share that with you now.

"and in the end is is not the years in your life that count. It is the life in your years!" So so true for Nina I think! I love this as it is so so true about her, she achieved so much in such a short life and now she lives in in her two amazing children.

"She calls my name and I come running,
I have lost the voice I listened to,
And there's a stillness now the rains stopped falling,
And there's a sadness like I never knew,
But I still see the shining of things."

Now I won't tell you where those texts came from but would open to receive comments on how you like them as something to place forever associated to the one you love!

Much Love Bri xxx

3 comments:

  1. Bri, what you are going through is so tough. Once again, am lost for words and admire you for being so generous in updating this blog for Amy and Ollie, but also for many of us who loved Nina.I will always miss her. She touched my life.

    I think that the verse you chose is wonderful and tender, I think it is beautiful.



    See you in London.

    Lots of love,

    Milena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling Bri,

    I admit that I have only just read the verse that you have chosen - it's beautiful! Perfect.

    I've been thinking about you all every day, but if I'm honest, I find it too hard sometimes to login...it makes losing Nins so real. I hope you understand.

    You are a wonderful man, being so brave for Ollie and Amy; I know how terribly hard this must be for you all.

    Love you. Kiss the little ones for me.

    Em
    x

    ReplyDelete