Friday, February 12, 2010

How time flies when you're NOT having fun .........

Well a toppsy turvy, roller-coaster of a ride over the past couple of weeks. A bit bumpy, but the wheels did not come off completely and me and the kids emerged from the other side as strong as before.

So with April fast approaching, which we have now booked to take Nina home to UK to be buried next to her brother, I think we can do it. We shall see on the day, but we will have friends and family with us there too. Such a sad thought though to have to say goodbye again!

So my lovely Mum comes on over to stay and help us through Ni's birthday, and the year anniversary of her passing (she had to go before Valentine's though - another horrible date/day for me now). But thank goodness she was here for the former two.

So like Miz before Mum staked her claim out in Ollie's bed room now using the new bunk-bed - great purchase (double bed beneath and single above). So for visitors it is perfect now!

4th really was a strange day, I went to work, Ollie went to school and Amy had a normal day - and then in the evening a good friend from work was leaving back to the UK and we went for some drinks in the evening - a little strange indeed. Then 5th I spoke to a few people weeks before and all agreed that we should absolutely have a celebration for her as we did last year - good timing that the 5th fell on a Friday, and we had a wonderful celebration in her honour and I would say circa 80 people including the kids came along - wonderful and I think she would have been very very proud, or jealous or both knowing her. So many glasses were chinked in her honor that evening and night - we all love you Ni and continue to miss you. Many messages from around the Globe came flooding to me as well from all corners, truly amazing - Japan, UK, America, Australia, Eastern Europe and Singapore of course - truly amazing and I thank and love you all on her behalf, and that of my kids for that - thank you so so much it means the world to us!

We also went to Botanic Gardens where i have never been, stunning place especially the orchid place, and Ollie (bless) took amazing delight telling me where he and Mummy had been photographed in there together when last there - and in fact check back to much earlier blog posts you'll see the photos - so a very sad experience in there that day, although you tend to keep to yourself - and that;s why Daddy blew up at you Ollie when you disappeared - I have already lost your Mum, I can't lose you too mate - sorry!

So my Mum just left today, sad - but we're ALL together in UK in April, so not long til then!
We concluded her trip with two days and one night on Sentosa at Rasa, you could be ANYWHERE in the world at that hotel you really could - so madness reigned with Amy and Ollie going fruit loops on the water slides in the swimming pools - yes Amy on her own going down the water slides - but under careful watch from older brother/mentor Ollie and Daddy/Nanny/Mary at the bottom. Pictures to be added to blog soon by the way.

The literally the last night a wonderful seafood meal with my true friends and literal neighbours Steve and Tracy at No SignBoard restaurant at Geylang - yummy yummy! Then amazingly Mum/Mary and kids went home and for the next hour and a half I sat and had a beer with a very good friend I have not seen for MANY years, Chris from Scotland that is the best friend of Penny and Max - amazing, had a lovely talk with him and Chris I hope you may be reading this yourself when you get home - it truly was just lovely to see you mate! More time next time though!

Well when I get time tonight look out for the photos and videos of the past few weeks!

Much love Bri and Kids xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment